Tuesday, October 7, 2014

June 12, 1995

Good morning!!! I'm so glad summer finally decided to come.  I ought to get a tan while I'm weeding the gardens today.

I'm going to finish my scripture entry that I started at the end of my last journal.

(Alma 37:6&7, 32-47)  I need to humble myself before Heavenly Father.  I need to care about what He thinks and not about what other people think or compare myself with others--that's pride!  I need to increase my faith and knowledge about Christ.  I need to repent more often and sincerely.  I need to be enthusiastic about working on and for a good cause.  I need to learn right now how to be guided by the Spirit.  Surely, this would teach me wisdom.  I need to keep a prayer in my heart and a question:  "What would He have me do?"  I need to look to the word of Christ as my source of direction in the wilderness of life.

I'm going on a date this Friday.  It's a set up, but he sounded really nice on the phone.

I'm so excited that it's summer.  I have time now to help with chores, practice the piano, write, play, and study the scriptures more.  I love life!!!

(2 Nephi 28:30&31)  I see I have a whole lifetime to learn.  I must be patient with myself.  I can't learn or do it all today.  It just doesn't work that way.  I need to put my trust in the Lord and do my best--each day becoming a little better.  Repenting when I slip then pressing steadfastly onward!

To-Do List for that day:
scripture time
workout/tone
journal (buy a new one!)
clean bedroom
clean bathroom
meal prep.
weed flower garden
summer goals
ZCMI
piano/voice
writing
book report
clear car

No comments:

Post a Comment